Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gearing up for Journey to Bethlehem, 2011

So my church, Journey of Faith in Manhattan Beach, is putting on Journey to Bethlehem in the lower parking lot after a sabbatical year in 2010. I'm back doing research and development for this.

I had cut the project off the loom last time because I didn't know if we were going to do this ever again. This time around, I have to start from scratch. Right now, I'm planning the new project for the demonstration. I'm thinking of making a 2/1 twill set, but I'm not sure how to go about that on the loom.

They should get the box down for me from the attic by Sunday, then I can see what I'll need to order as far as spinning wool and the like.
I need to get more clay for loom weights and more lead fishing weights.

I'm going through my boxes here at home and digging out all the wool handspun that I can find, to see if there is enough to make a header cord. There probably is. It's going to be rather motley, though.

My oldest is a senior so he's got an SAT class tonight, I've got to find out where at Hamilton the class meets, so I'm stopping here. More later when I start with the header cord.

No comments: