Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Herbed Chicken Strips

I made something ALL my kids and my husband absolutely LOVE! I've made them twice, now.

Here's what I did:

I sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts lengthwise into three strips.

Then, I made a mixture of salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, garlic, onion, and dill (about a tablespoon of the salt, and a teaspoon of the rest). The garlic and onion are powdered/granulated, not fresh and the other herbs are dried.

The first time I made this, I used my oven. The second time, I had my son grill them.

The first time, I sprinkled the mix on one side of the chicken in the pan and then put the pan in the oven at 350 degrees, until they were done. When something is in the oven, I go by smell. I think the oven took maybe half an hour.

The second time, I added two table spoons of water and two tablespoons of olive oil to the spices, poured it into a bag and put the chicken strips in the bag for about an hour or so, and then put them wet on the grill for about 5 minutes per side.

I think it would go better if I just put the chicken into the spices in a baggie without the water and oil.

We had some leftover tzatziki and coconut lentils and I made more rice and it was wonderful. (Two of the kids don't like the lentils, but I can live with that.

Next time, I'll take pictures and post them here.

No comments: