Saturday, December 6, 2008

Journey to Bethlehem 2008

2,049 people!



The loom worked! The warp is kind of sticky and I made the heddles too long, but I've got two inches on it! What I do is this. Since the "blue" shed (the heddles are blue) is annoying, I weave that. Then I have the open shed ready for someone who wants to weave. I can't weave all the time--you have to interact.

It's not about the weaving. It's about what life would have been like, sort of, in Bethlehem when Jesus was born. Sort of.

We are portraying the birth of Jesus and our ultimate aim is to bring people to Him. Because people think they know what the birth of Jesus was like, we have some things that may be historically or even biblically inaccurate, like the presence of the wise men, for example. But people expect to see some of these things, so we find a way to explain their presence if anyone asks. We walk a thin line between what people expect to see and what people will accept as different.

No comments: