Sunday, December 7, 2008

Journey to Bethlehem, 12/07/08

2,468 tonight! Yaaaay!

There are now 6 to 8-ish inches of cloth on the loom. I am pulling the blue shed threads forward and holding them while passing the shuttle through. That works best.

A lady I'd invited from my Curves exercise place came tonight. I had many very little helpers weaving and some adults who were brave and tried it also.

Kudos to the Gonzales family! Another lady who goes to my Curves and a lady who is in a weaving class with me both mentioned that they had heard about Journey to Bethlehem from them this year (in addition to hearing about it from me and Rose Ungerman!)

Fun things to say to the visitors to Bethlehem:

Ask the children what the Angel said. Tell the ones who answer correctly to go and come back and tell you how much does he weigh, does he look like his mom or his dad, and how long is he? You know, the things everyone asks complete strangers with a newborn.

One little boy who did not answer correctly was scolded by his older sister who said he never listens! I said they should put him with our rabbi and if he did not listen, the rabbi would beat the torah into him! (they laughed.)

People who have the cell phone thingies in their ears: Sir/ma'am, there is fire coming out of your head! You should be more careful! Put it out before your hair catches fire!

Children with blond hair and/or blue eyes. Tell their parents they will have no trouble finding matches for them. Or tell them to beware the Romans because they like to buy slaves with hair that color so they can shave the hair of the slaves to make wigs for themselves.

I can't wait for tomorrow night! It is sad that it is our last night at Journey Manhattan

No comments: