Saturday, March 23, 2013

Using Easter Egg yarns crocheting the Perfect Crochet Cardigan free pattern from Lion Brand Yarn

 So...in my last post, I mentioned that the reason I was dyeing was to get more yarn in the proper color to finish a project I had started for my daughter. Below you see the two yarns side by side. The original is on the right and the new yarn is on the left.

I think, when I dyed the original, I put in some blue dye to the bath. The yarn I used has been discontinued, too, so I had to guess which one to order.The new yarn is thicker. I have this inexplicable need to make this work, so I'm starting the jacket all over again.
From left to right: Newly dyed yarn and the original dyed yarn.
Starting the "Perfect Crochet Cardigan".
These are the first 5 rows.
If you are interested in the pattern, it is available for free from the Lion Brand website. The pattern number is L20311. The yarn the pattern recommends is Lion Brand Amazing. I rarely use the yarn or the color shown in a pattern. I don't pay attention to the size or type of yarn, either. I DO try to use the same size hook or needle, though. And yes, this does cause problems for me sometimes when I'm making a project, but I can usually get around them.

So now, I have some serious crochet work I MUST get done this week.

No comments: