Monday, June 3, 2013

Coogee Bay Dress Interweave Summer 2012 Update

Collar close-up

Soooo this is what I've done so far. Above is a close up of the collar. I got bored with continually adding motifs. I had one row on the other side. The problem was the sleeves are formed by doing the collar. I decided to crochet it to get a feel for how it will look when I'm done. The magazine instructions call for a spiraled crochet collar. I don't like to work round in spirals. I don't like the rows running into each other. I like a definite beginning and end to each row. So I crocheted the collar in rows in the round, and chained up at the end of each row. However, if you look at the center of the collar, this does make a visible join.

This is blurry. Sorry! This was originally designated as the "front" but since the collar has the chain up bit, I have decided that this will be the back. I still need to add more motifs to the bottom.
So this is the "new" front.
I've been adding motifs to the "new" front. I definitely will need to make a panel for the side and underarm. I'm having trouble holding the camera still when I take these photos. Sorry for the blur.

No comments: